Banners.lk is made up of different legal entities. This privacy notice is issued on behalf of the Banners.lk group of companies. When we refer to “Banners.lk”, “we”, “us” or “our” in this privacy notice, we mean the Banners.lk entity that acts as the controller or processor of your information.
Collection of Personal Information
As a visitor to the Site, you can engage in many activities without providing any Personal Information.
However, when you register to use a Banners.lk site and order products or services as a Banners.lk subscriber to provide the services to you, we may collect the following Personal Information from you:
- Contact information such as your name, phone and fax numbers, address, and email address; and
- Billing information such as the number, expiration date, card type and billing address of your credit card.
- Demographic information such as your job title, job description and company name and company type; and
- Profile data, including your username and password, details about your purchases and the Content that you license from us.
If you submit content to Banners.lk for licensing, you may be asked to provide the following information:
- Contact information such as your name, phone number, primary address, and email address.
- Banners.lk may verify this information by asking you to either: a) upload a scan of a government issued ID (which will be stored securely on our servers); or b) provide a credit card number. If used to verify your identity, your credit card number will be used solely for the purpose of verifying your name and address. The credit card number will not be stored.
- Payment and contributor information including, but not limited to, payout method, payout email, desired display name, content focus, camera equipment, and information about your skill level and creative process.
Depending upon the activity, some of the information that we ask you to provide is identified as mandatory and some as voluntary. If you do not provide the mandatory data with respect to a activity, you will not be able to engage in that activity.
As is true of most websites, when you use the Site, Banners.lk or third party subprocesses contracted by Banners.lk may also collect certain technical and routing information about your computer to facilitate your use of the Site and its services. For example, we may log environmental variables, such as browser type, operating system, CPU speed, and the Internet Protocol (IP) address of your computer. We use these environmental variables to facilitate and track your use of the Site and its services. Banners.lk also uses such environmental variables to measure traffic patterns on the Site. To better understand the needs of our visitors to the Site we may occasionally match such information with your Personal Information.
When you download and use our Mobile Apps or Services, we automatically collect information on the type of device you use, and operating system version. We do not ask for, access, or track any location-based information from your mobile device at any time while downloading or using our Mobile Apps or Services.
How Your Personal Information Is Used
- Authenticate and provide access to the Banners.lk websites, mobiles applications, and services.
- Process your financial transactions.
- Send you order / renewal confirmations.
- Register your rights, if any, to technical support or other benefits that may be made available to registered users.
- Respond to customer service requests, questions, and concerns.
- Administer your account.
- Send you requested product or service information.
- Keep you informed about special offers and services of Banners.lk and selected third parties.
- Administer promotions and sweepstakes you enter and notify you of the results.
- Investigate, prevent, or act regarding illegal activities and/or violations of our Terms of Service.
- Meet our research and product/service development needs and to improve our Site, services, and offerings; and
- Customize your experience, including targeting our services, search results, and offerings to you.
We store information that we collect through cookies, log files, transparent images, and/or third-party sources to create a summary of your preferences. We tie your personally identifiable information, and/or your membership usage history, to information in the summary, in order to provide tailored promotions and marketing offers, to improve the content of the site for you and/or to determine your preferences.
In certain situations, Banners.lk may be required to comply with legal obligations to disclose personal data in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
Where required by law (e.g., to comply with a subpoena, warrant, court order, or legal process served on Banners.lk), and when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, avoid litigation, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, and/or respond to a government request. We may also disclose information about you to comply with our legal obligations if we determine that such disclosure should be made for reasons of national security, law enforcement, or other issues of public importance.
Protection of Your Personal Information
The Personal Information that you provide in connection with the use of the Site is protected in several ways.
- Access by you to your account profile is available through a password and unique customer ID selected by you. This password is encrypted. You should strive to use a strong, alpha-numeric password which you should not divulge to anyone.
- Your Personal Information resides on secure servers that only selected Banners.lk personnel and contractors have access to via password.
- Your Personal Information is encrypted whenever it is transmitted to Banners.lk.
- When you enter sensitive information (such as credit card number) on our registration or order forms, we encrypt that information using transport layer security technology
We strive to protect the Personal Information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. While we consider the sensitivity of the Personal Information we collect, process and store, and the current state of technology to use these measures protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
If you have any questions about security on our Web Sites, you can send email to us at email@example.com.
Cookie and Tracking Technologies
The Site may automatically collect information as you browse, such as Internet Service Provider, browser type and version, operating system and device type, average time spent on our site(s), pages viewed, information accessed, the Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet and other relevant statistics. Such information is sometimes referred to as web analytics and/or clickstream data.
We may combine this automatically collected log information with other information we collect about you. We do this to improve services we offer you, to improve marketing, analytics, and provide site functionality.
Technologies such as: cookies, beacons, tags and scripts are used by Banners.lk and our affiliates, analytics services and service to provide site features and functionality. These technologies are used in analyzing trends, administering the site, tracking users’ movements around the site and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. We may receive reports based on the use of these technologies by these companies on an individual as well as aggregated basis.
Banners.lk will not discriminate against any user who exercises rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act or other privacy or data protection law. We will not deny services from users who exercise rights under a privacy law, and we do not charge different prices to users who choose to exercise rights under applicable privacy law.
Links to third party sites
Social Media Widgets
You may be able to log in to our site using sign-in services such as Facebook Connect or an Open ID provider. These services will authenticate your identity and provide you the option to share certain personal information with us such as your name and email address to pre-populate our sign up form. Services like Facebook Connect give you the option to post information about your activities on this Web site to your profile page to share with others within your network.
Referral Program Emails
If you choose to use our referral service to tell a colleague about our Site, share a Collection, or invite someone to join a team account, we will ask you for your colleague’s name and email address. We will automatically send your colleague a one-time email inviting him or her to visit the Site. Banners.lk stores this information for the sole purpose of sending this one-time email, tracking the success of our referral program, and managing access to Collections.
Your colleague may contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request that we remove this information from our database.
Entities Collecting Personal Information
Individuals located in certain countries, including the European Economic Area, have certain statutory rights in relation to their personal data. Subject to any exemptions provided by law, you may have the right to request access to Personal Data, seek to update, delete or correct this Information, and request to restrict further processing of your Personal Data.